During the summer months there is not much to do, perhaps a good clean of the van outside to prevent any algea build up. A little strimming and sit back and enjoy.
During the winter especially when the caravan park is closed or where there is a long period when you will not be using your holiday home, there are a few tips we would like to give you for ensuring your caravan is protected from
• Make sure you take all valuables home, tv, dvd player etc.
• Remove all net curtains, bedding, pillows and roller blinds.
• Make sure all seat cushions and mattresses are on there side to let the air circulate to prevent mildew forming.
• Leave all doors open including cupboard doors to help air circulate.
• Empty and clean fridge freezer, oven and hob. Leave the doors to these appliances open.
• Unplug any electrical items .
• Make sure all air vents are clear but screened to prevent any vermin getting in.
• Close all windows and sky lights.
• Put away and items normally stored outside the caravan such as bikes, garden furniture, etc.
• Check that any sheds are locked securely and secured to the ground.
• Place dishes of household salt in every room of your caravan to draw any excess moisture out of the air.
• Turn off all electrics including the circuit breaker. Turn off gas bottles and mains water supply.
• Make sure the Park Office has a contact number and a key for your mobile home in case of an emergency.
One of the most important things to do in the winter is to drain down your caravan. Please click here to find our more.